meddy

lost confused and armed with hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, papercraft, airfix, old computeres

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

been thinking about knocking up a box torch hd cam
guess it would be good for ww2 and cold war environments what do you think?

(thinking of this cam and a micro 7.4v rx/lipo.)

http://www.hobbyking...l_Recorder.html

967080_10201759048033851_1710974635_o_zp

its proberly not practical or cost effective in this idea but i didn't want to use the cheap 0.3mp clip on cans that are about

#2 James Balbirnie

James Balbirnie

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies (especially dark comedy and war films), painting, writing (My Novels are on Amazon - James De-Vaux Balbirnie)

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

That's a good idea, I've just made a mount for the camera I've just got but it'd stick out as an anachronism in historic environments.

For an alternative camera check out these (the one I just got - a very good alternative to GoPros) at Argos: http://www.argos.co....ber/5636417.htm

They do full HD and are 5MP, not quite as small as the one you're looking at but are still pretty small (4.5 x 7 x 3 cm) and also come with a waterproof case. You'd probably have to avoid making holes for the mic and buttons (and also make the box torch case waterproof) with your current plan.

Anyway, good luck with the project!

James

#3 meddy

meddy

lost confused and armed with hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, papercraft, airfix, old computeres

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

well the ideas behind this are the fact that RC FOV cameras and recorders are getting quite good small and compact enough to fit in tiny plains. its just a case of getting one pulling it apart and rearranging it and getting a bigger power reservoir than "60min of recordings". if you peruse the hk site theres alot of possibles mabes and nope available.

i'm also trying to figure out what nato could carry, as im sure nva and bloc used the box and lends itself to being used the ww2 germans also. other than fitting one inside an alice first aid pouch up on the yoke above the pocket what else could i use?
i would expect the first ones i try will be the cheaper 9$ cams with a much better battery attached /externaly charged, switches will be re made an rear/hiddern mounted. just to see if it gives good results or not. if it gives poor useable footage or is still gets interference from gun motors, or durability ect. and yeh the useable footage part is key; i means can you see ground distence and some sky ect, when crouched what does it see? prone will be floor but what can it hear? heavy breathing, heart beets gunfire explosians?

i guess another cool idea to off shoot from this, would be audio only recorders for planed and/or scripted fights (iirc some of the lads here did an afgan fight with blank fires ect at W&P? it would certanly be cool to get the individual's sound perspective in all that chaos. guess i would do a simalar rig up for in a unused shirt pocket ect pr pouch using a modded china digital audio recorder.

i know it cant beat the absolutely stunning photos our regular takes (sorry for shooting you again...and again >_< ) but if we were to make a promo vid or something out of all these clips sounds footage and stills on the jan game we could have some intresting promo stuff for later year games for spreading the word.....

i do think i know what i'm ordering for xmas ^^

(i can post up some data protection act for audio capture and vid capture i guess noting would be used or sold and end product proberly would come under the Creative commons thing )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users