5 replies to this topic

#1 Khan3818

Khan3818

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

Hi guys, I’ve been Airsofting now for four years, primarily at predator combat games back home in Northern Ireland. However, more recently my attentions have been turned to Cold War airsoft since I moved over here to England.

As a prospective cold war Airsofter, I was wondering what are some reliable sites to get Russian gear from, primarily Gorka from the Soviet era up to today’s modern Gorka sets (not Cold War I know but I have loved the look of Gorka since I started but have been cautious about where to order from).

From the research I have done sizing also seems to be somewhat of an issue for someone my height (6’ 3’’) as either I don’t understand Russian sizing charts very well or they don’t make very many Gorka suits for tall people xP (I jest)

So any advice from those who know where to get Russian gear clothing and would be much appreciated. :) 

#2 Grimlock

Grimlock

Myrmidon DM/GMA Marshall

• GMA Marshall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Interests:Honey badgers & Myrmidons

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

Check out Chaka98 on eBay she has loads of Russian gear ranging from Cold War to modern day.
"If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya. Because we're firing blanks doesn't mean we have to be thinking nice thoughts. So you remember, you keep the fire down, right, you get stuck in and you kick their fu**ing teeth out, or I guarantee you, Joe, they will be eating your bollocks for breakfast, sunshine"

"Just perfect" - Caz 26/7/14

#3 Crowley

Crowley

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Woof

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

I can second that Chaka98 is a reliable seller, give her about 3 weeks to deliver.

Russian sizes use the European model, I'm a 34" waist and almost 6' tall and the ideal Russian size for me is 52/4 so if I was 6'3" I would need a 52/6

Check out www.Soviet-propaganda.com they have a range of SPOSN and ANA made Gorkas, lovely quality, the ANA made Gorka looks similar to Soviet era, the SPOSN made Gorkas are the modern type.

Good Luck, Andy.

#4 Khan3818

Khan3818

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Thank you guys for the responses, soviet propaganda was a site I was never sure about, thank you. With the Ebay seller Chaka98 and soviet propaganda how do you order in your correct size? As there are no options to choose.

Once again much appreciated, Khan3818.

#5 Crowley

Crowley

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Woof

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Hi, first of all I would send an email or message through Ebay to ask if they have your size in stock they both speak good english, when you order with chaka98 use the message to seller option, Soviet-propaganda have a comments box to put the size in but make sure they have your size first.

#6 Khan3818

Khan3818

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Done!  :)  the order is placed and hopefully will be on its way shortly from chaka98. Sadly though it was not Cold War the suit i bought, i caved in and got a modern GORKA :)  however i do have some Cold War British gear i can use for any up and coming games in the future. thanks for your help guys.  :)

-Khan3818

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users