33 replies to this topic

#1 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'd love it if the next battle could be a full on CW battle on the German plains.   we've spent years doing all the recce and sneaking about... i reckon it's time for some no frills platoon on platoon combat actions!

#2 maddog

maddog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Sex,Drugs and Rock n Roll!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

Totally agree. Fed up with doing all this sneaky beaky shit. It's time we were put into the role expected of a British rifles platoon from the 80s.

#3 Joshua Rose

Joshua Rose

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

Well, I will be back in the new year, after my wee medically induced sojourn, and it would be nice to do some proper infanteering, especially with the possibility of new (KA induced) SLRs out there in circulation.
"I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh."

#4 tomlegg

tomlegg

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Vietnam Airsoft

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

Sounds great, however we'll need to see more Brits at the next game.  You chaps were excellent to play alongside (as were all the NATO players!) but you seemed a little thin on the ground?

Cheers all,

Tom

Gunman Events:

VIETNAM:  Ia Drang Part 2: Broken Arrow - The Long Walk - Choker - Ho Chi Minh - Overdrive - Battle of the Chuối Gà River - Operation Diamond Head

COLD WAR:  Cutthroat - Black Gold Part 2: Two Faces - Hockwerk - Double Barrel Part 1 - Operation Light House - Battle of the Weser - Gulag - DMZ 84 - The Dark

Non Gunman Events:

VIETNAM:  DorkingNAM Nov. 2009 - DorkingNAM April 2010 - CS 'In Country 8' Aug. 2010 - CS 'In Country 9' Aug. 2011 - DorkingNAM Oct. 2011 - DorkingNAM Nov. 2012 - Operation: Dust Off April 2014 - Operation: Dust Off II May 2015

OTHER:  CS Operation "Full Metal Wedding Jacket" June 2012 - WWII The Battle of Tulagi April 2016 - Grenada Day 2 August 2016

#5 Ian.

Ian.

2nd Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

If we're not out numbered at least 3-1 it becomes an affair fight :D

Sounds good will look forward to it, as long as it's not the planned January game, as that's right out the window for me and my lot. Due to post Christmas funding and work :(

GERMANRIBBON.jpg
BORDER.jpgSHINGLE.jpgOPS.jpgMINSK.jpgANZIO.pngSevastapol%20Medal.jpgTheDrop.jpggothic.jpg

#6 Yankee Mike

Yankee Mike

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

I agree with Ian being out numbered in a head to head battle sounds exactly what is needed. January is always a bad month funds wise and I usually avoid games in January.
Corporal Hancock: Sir.
[Offers mug of tea]

Major General Urquhart: Hancock. I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?

Corporal Hancock: Couldn't hurt, sir.

#7 Yankee Mike

Yankee Mike

Captain

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

Sounds great, however we'll need to see more Brits at the next game.  You chaps were excellent to play alongside (as were all the NATO players!) but you seemed a little thin on the ground?

Cheers all,

Tom

Agreed it would be great for more Brit players (and they are out there) but we did field a dozen on Saturday at the Hockwerk which I think is a pretty reasonable showing and not significantly less than any of the other factions.

[Offers mug of tea]

Major General Urquhart: Hancock. I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?

#8 Martin B-

Martin B-

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Location:Leeds, West Yorkshire.. An' Ah'll tell thi that fer nowt
  • Interests:Cycling(MTB),
    Fishing (Course/Carp),
    Killing Zombies..

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Give me plenty of notice so I can get there...I'm in..

Ouch that hurts! Do it again...

#9 Guest_Staceh_*

Guest_Staceh_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Totally agree. Fed up with doing all this sneaky beaky shit. It's time we were put into the role expected of a British rifles platoon from the 80s.

Hiding in a hole, getting shelled to buggery then being a speedbump for a mechanised divison of russkies?

#10 Muttley

Muttley

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'm sure my fellow genossen would be happy to oblige as long as we come up with something to make up for the missing 'motorised' part of our tactics, hoards maybe?

We'll do our best to stay in a nice line formation though, would hate our deaths to look undisciplined  :D!

#11 Welsh

Welsh

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Still reenact 17th Century Naval, Cold War play Xbox and 40k still

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

Stand up fight outnumbered - Hell Yeah - bring it on.

As long as its not Jan, can we have warm/dry one pse !!!!!!
flyingleadoutpost.jpg

"The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you shave his face in the mirror every morning."

Delta-Alpha-One

#12 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

We have 2 scenarios, one is a line battle outside of the Hockwerk factory, set in West Germany (which is an Infantry battle and out first choice) the second is Op Peacock set just outside of Chernobyl.

If we don't have enough RUR to run a line battle in JAN, i'm going to go with the 2nd one, Op Peacock which will be Airborne NATO and War Pact units. 

This is in the RURs hands really guys as the other factions don't mind what they run as.  Remember at Rock and Roll we had 30 Brits in the field...lets do this;)

#13 Yankee Mike

Yankee Mike

Captain

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Fair enough, hope you all have fun in January. Hopefully there will be more European theatre games later in the year.
[Offers mug of tea]

#14 Ian.

Ian.

2nd Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

Yer, Jan is definitely out for me and Graham, sorry guys but it's to soon after the expense of christmas. Enjoy though, both scenarios sound good.

GERMANRIBBON.jpg
BORDER.jpgSHINGLE.jpgOPS.jpgMINSK.jpgANZIO.pngSevastapol%20Medal.jpgTheDrop.jpggothic.jpg

#15 maddog

maddog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Sex,Drugs and Rock n Roll!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Can't we postpone the 'line battle outside of the Hockwerk factory'? Its' the type of game people are asking for here but there are enough people saying Jan is a bad month for a variety of (good) reasons. This is not last minute excuses but people giving a lot of notice.

#16 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

There will be more guys, don't worry;) and yes to running the line battle game next guys, if jan is no good.

#17 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, reenacting

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

January is always a quiet month. due to xmas spending etc, so a smaller mission based game makes more sense then.

On a purely selfish basis, I'll also be in Kenya again in Jan, and don't want to miss a big stand up fig!ht

#18 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

Just waiting to hear back from Gadge whether he wants to roll with Jan or later in the year as the date was up and the Question was made, I'm happy what ever, any excuse to play Cold War is a win for me;)

#19 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

I think we're losing numbers because a lot of the brits are disalusioned with overly complex RP elements and sneaky sneaky missions.  I think a stand up fight will bring the guys who want to do 'Cold War' back.   I know a few people who have just lost interest in doing raids etc

#20 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Cheers all,

Tom

Tom we used to have 25 guys when it was full on battles.    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users