57 replies to this topic

#21 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Sounds good gadge,i got some 68 and red beret and over 40 lol soon build a crossbow that fires bb's. ;)

How about a larp crossbow with a big foam bolt/head :)

#22 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

Like the idea Gadge, but as opposed to dividing the players just on what they wear, surely to do the "Wild Geese" justice, the player division should also be sorted by age.....  If you are under the age of 40 you cannot play the Richard Burton character (Jeff your obligatory Welshman is safe)   :lol:

I think it would be hilarious , if event suicide, to insist that you could only play on the wild geese team if over 40!

Reverse agesim!  Instead of moaning about all the old guys playing elite wwii paras we can have young guys moaning they are not allowed to play retired geriatrics!

Whose up for being the gay doctor?

#23 the_petes

the_petes

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Make it happen Gadge and ill bring some ak wielding bush soldiers down probably with Porta leading us into trouble.

Zed Zombie Survival Events
Zombie Wrangler
Zedevents.co.uk

Team Bacon -First meat into the grinder.

#24 joseph porta

joseph porta

GMA-NW The Boss

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

ive got photos somewhere of the selous scouts,in rhodiseia  totaly cammed up ,   they covered themselves in cam cream so that at 100m  they looked black.  that way when they hit a village and caused "collateral damage" the gurrialla forces or  (freedom fighters)  got the blame.

and if the dates are good , like pete said , we could bring a sizeable force who are all wearing shit loads of brown cam cream and using ak`s  in civvies/mufti

#25 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

Cool, I'll try and OK a date with the Joshmeister, it's gonna have to be height of summer as 'jungle/tropical' games are always lame if everyones wearing parkas becasue it's freezing and it's dark at 4pm :)

#26 Marc

Marc

pistol lover & Gunner boy

• Members
  • 2,207 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft cars motorbikes

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Something to look forward to. But what side should I do, :D

Gunner.

#27 Itininerant Airsofter

Itininerant Airsofter

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Up for this, tempted with SWAPO, although would love it if we could make a VDV contingent as part of the re-enforcemnts in Afghanka's. I'm falling in love with the kit, and once a year isn't enough to frock up in it!

#28 Ramsay

Ramsay

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:WWII history, military vehicles

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

I think it would be hilarious , if event suicide, to insist that you could only play on the wild geese team if over 40!

Reverse agesim!  Instead of moaning about all the old guys playing elite wwii paras we can have young guys moaning they are not allowed to play retired geriatrics!

Whose up for being the gay doctor?

To be honest I think you will not have a problem in getting a side of over 40's Wild Geese. Just as long as do not have to run for the plane at the end! I think he was only supposed to be a RAMC medical attendant. But yes if this goes ahead the Wild Geese must have a dedicated Medic. Wasn't he Welsh as well or am I making that up?

#29 Lardassmonkey

Lardassmonkey

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

As long as there is no clash I would be up for this as well. Any excuse to wear my lizards so SWAPO it is.

#30 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

I'd rather this was really about South Africans vs East Germans and their rebels with the one merc group.

If you've russian kit play as a communist supplied guerilla, just mix it all up a bit and look rag tag :)

If we put in every CW unit we already have it just becomes a/n other generic battle.

The real guerilla forces hassling the South African border were East German (the guys supporting the Simbas in 'wild geese' are East German too).

The thing is VDV and Rangers have their own game, this is one for the Brits and Germans as the mainplayers but allows anyone else to play :)

#31 Ian.

Ian.

2nd Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Be Brit merc for me then, just need to try and get some man size DPM trousers. :D  Agree with Ramsay, an over 40's section is easily do-able. Yup Witty was welsh so the answer is to easy ;) .

GERMANRIBBON.jpg
BORDER.jpgSHINGLE.jpgOPS.jpgMINSK.jpgANZIO.pngSevastapol%20Medal.jpgTheDrop.jpggothic.jpg

#32 Nickona

Nickona

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

If I can make it I'll definitely come!

Finally get to use my SADF kit at a themed event :)

#33 Martin B-

Martin B-

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Location:Leeds, West Yorkshire.. An' Ah'll tell thi that fer nowt
  • Interests:Cycling(MTB),
    Fishing (Course/Carp),
    Killing Zombies..

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Looks like I'll be in with the 40+ then now where to put the cane....

Ouch that hurts! Do it again...

#34 Joshua Rose

Joshua Rose

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Just a thought...

...Wild Geese - Brit DPM and red berets, Uzis, SLRs and M16s!...

...only the officers wore red berets (with various cap badges), enlisted wear khaki berets (again, various cap badges, inc' para's).
"I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh."

#35 Itininerant Airsofter

Itininerant Airsofter

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'd rather this was really about South Africans vs East Germans and their rebels with the one merc group.

If you've russian kit play as a communist supplied guerilla, just mix it all up a bit and look rag tag :)

If we put in every CW unit we already have it just becomes a/n other generic battle.

The real guerilla forces hassling the South African border were East German (the guys supporting the Simbas in 'wild geese' are East German too).

The thing is VDV and Rangers have their own game, this is one for the Brits and Germans as the mainplayers but allows anyone else to play :)

Good point. I hadn't really considered the lizard look, that's just begging to be used here.....

#36 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yeah i totally get you with the officers in red berets thing;   We can do that if people want to choose red or khaki, i just thought red berets and dpm was more 'iconic' to the film and lets some players get there 'para' fix a bit.

Essentially i just thought it would be fun to combine an 'african bush wars' game with some 'real world cold war' which gave the east germans pole position rather than being the 'sidekikcs' of the russians that ALSO put some 'film fun' in and lastly with the SWAPO rebels let *everyone* be involved.

The only trick will be getting SWAPO players to look like rebels and not jusy rock up in their favourite unifom, this happens in nearly *every* game i've played at where 'rebel's' or 'african/mexican drug gang' or 'militia' etc are allowed 'any other camo' and some bugger turns up in police armed repsonse kit or dreseed as a vietnam navy seal and misses the point of the scenario to showhorn wearing in something they could wear at any open day.

Honestly, i'm not making it up. My old team went to a 'columbian drug wars' mega game once as 'russian mercs' in a mix of russians kit and civvies, bit of european kit and all old AKs and chest rigs...    some guys on the same side as us a 'gang members' were head to tow in police swat kit with SO19 badges all over it.  Totally screwed the immersion in the scenario for us.  But hey , they were having fun, sod the other 298 players.     Good thing about Gunman is that if that were Joshs game he'd have offered to lend the guys more appropriate kit or quietly explained 'filmsim' and roleplays and asked them to tape the patches over or where a bit less of the body armour etc but the guys running this game just wanted 'bums on seats' and numbers so let anyone play as anything and it just became a massive open day

#37 hitman

hitman

gma marshall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:guns!.....funily enough! girls! though have marginaly better luck with guns! may be girls with big guns is what i should be looking for? ooh, & a bloody gert big tank!.....& of course booze! so to some up, guns, girls with guns, big tanks, & booze....wow sounds like the best night out ever!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

jambo bwona! hell rag tag civies, that's my good going out clobber! so no problem with that, & as for doning lots of brown camo, hell yes!.....was going to suggest that, but thought better of it, but as porta has said, what i was thinking, & provided it dosent upset any one, then slather me all over baby!.....sorry, lapsing in to that fantasy i keep haveing, involving the swedish nympo maniac shag a fat middleaged ball bloke indurance tag team again! :P 

looking forward to playing this, it will be a jolly good giggle me thinks!

james.

#38 Thommo

Thommo

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm definitely up for this, just need to try and get some man size DPM trousers

#39 AlexWood

AlexWood

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

A friend has a couple of bits of copy strichtarn that were produced for the SADF.

#40 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Dont really have to be '80s' (or 70s) dpm just replace the buttons on a pair of 95 pattern ones.

The trick to looking 'old school' is really in the smock and shirt look rather than worry about the trousers.

A guy played at the last cold war in 95 smock and trousers but as he was wearing 80s boots, webbing, hat etc it looked great you just couldnt tell unless you were really close up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users