AUGit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, cycling. basketball and obviously airsoft

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hi all first review so please forgive the errors

So first of all APS = Accuracy pneumatics shooting
company has been around awhile but just started in the airsoft maket.

After reading other reviews I had mixed feelings, many reviews were positive, but red-alliance had a whole thread about how pants these rifles are. But either way I took the plunge.

Upon opening the box I was instantly wow'd, full metal and beautiful wood, a real dark red. I'm unsure as to how accurate it is, but I couldn't care, it looks amazing.
With the rifle you get a bakelite highcap, bag of ammo and a very useful instruction book.
As with most Chinese kit, it is hot out the box, so first was a downgrade and a clean/strip and rebuild.
All parts are well made and all made by APS, strip down is different to TM, CYMA and dboys but the manual gets you through.
The first thing to mention is although full stock its is front wired, which I found strange but there is space for a large battery in the stock.
The blowback on it is a bit lame on semi but as soon as you get to auto it completely pays off, just make sure you locktite every screw as the force will rattle them loose.

Hop was decent, although pretty average, but after fitting a TM from a donor it is amazing.
My verdict is as good as a CYMA, but with better visuals.

Would I recommend, yes, I've already ordered the 74u version.

Questions welcome
Aint no party like an S-club party

#2 Teifi

Teifi

Mike "NINJA!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Running around pistol-only

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

Cool, how much was it? I've been looking at EBB rifles for a while now, wondering what to get, this seems pretty solid.
Kerblam

#3 mikee

mikee

AUGit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

170 uk based excluding postage

#4 White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit

GMA Marshall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Interests:guns, gear, films and the mrs

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:24 AM

will be interesting to see another review in a few months, all the reviews Ive read say they where happy at first but it developed problems a month o9r so down the line. Youll have to keep us updated :)

#5 andynight

andynight

Brown Water Contractor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

If anybody's interested in the APS M4 line I got the M4 CQBR tactical (ASR103) recently. I'll stick a review up in the next couple of weeks once I've skirmished it again. I used green BBs first time out :blink: and had battery issues so didn't really give the performance a fair assessment.
Cyma AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, gotta spit white plastic at every motherf**ker in the room; accept no substitutes.

#6 White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit

GMA Marshall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts
  • Interests:guns, gear, films and the mrs

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

yeah let us know mate, all ive read is bad reviews so it will be good to see what our guys think of them.

#7 mikee

mikee

AUGit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

TBH the thing I feel will fail first is the piston as it has two jobs, but time will tell, i'll keep you posted

#8 tee83

tee83

B.V. ALPHA SQUAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:F1, Leeds United, Ps4, Golf, Boxing, MMA, WWE.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

I've got an aps ak74 ebb, ive got to say it was my best rifle.... It was downgraded when I bought it and was shooting around 290fps....
Although the fps was on the low side the range was better than my stock ics m4 shooting about the same fps. I had a few issues with it from the word go though, on semi the gearbox and trigger would occasionally jam.... Normaly mid fire fight, but a quick blast of full auto would free it all up. Eventually I decided to upgrade the spring and noticed that the piston teeth were non existent, the shimming was useless and the bushings were naff plastic ones. After replacing them with genuine aps upgrade parts I noticed the motor cage was twisted. After these upgrades and a madbull blue, and new spring it shot like a beast until the motor height moved due to the damaged motor cage. It now sits in its box waiting for repair again. Overall though it's great when it's working but needs tlc to keep it going. I looks great but the blowback is just a clanking gimik that I disengaged. Was my favorite rifle but now I prefer my trusty ics m4.
Posted Image

Posted Image

''Sometimes When You Bring The Thunder, You Get Lost In The Storm.''
''Fundamentals Are A Crutch For The Talentless''
''I Play Real Sports.......... Not Tryin To Be The Best At Exercising''
- Kenny Powers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users