• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Private ryan

Private ryan

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:shooting of all kinds, making models, and AIRSOFT!

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

i was looking around for a cheap revolver so i could have a go at a flying lead game and i found this

http://www.hobbytron...AirsoftGun.html

i want to know if i can get it in the uk and if it will be any good (obviously at that price it wont be amazing but is it value for money?)

anyone got any experience?

#2 Private ryan

Private ryan

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

obviously id have to rip off and burn the tac rail

#3 Mr Smile

Mr Smile

Smiley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Graphic Design, Writing, Gaming

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

I'm not a Flying Lead player but I can tell you that it's not worth a second more of your time mate. The gun will likely fall apart in your hands for $5 the second it's removed from the box and that's IF it got past customs, I assume you don't have a UKARA license? Without one of those importing from over sea's is a hassle and if a gun were to be stopped by customs and you failed to provide a UKARA registration it would very likely be confiscated and the quality of that gun is not worth the hassle. I'd avoid Hobbytron as well, they're not known for quality products...

Try looking at some UK based retailers like Redwolf or Wolf armouries. They're guns are pricey but they'll be a hell of a lot better quality than that springer! Look into gas revolvers too, springers are a laugh in the garden for a few minutes but for proper games, gas pistols are a lot more practical in terms of power, range etc.

I'm sure Gunman sells some Flying Lead gear also, PM Josh (Target on here) and ask about it, I'm sure he could sort you out or at least point you in the right direction! :)

Hope that helps, at least, a bit!...
-Smiley

#4 Vinzand

Vinzand

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:46 AM

If you are thinking of doing a Flying Lead, then don't worry about the guns sir! We have plenty of crew kit to give it a go. We have alot of crew revolvers to use to whet your appetite! We also have guys buying/selling at the weekends so feel free to pop along and see if theres anything around. Plus all the guys at these events have done exactly what you are doing so will be able to give you all the advide you need!

Plus Smileys right, thats really not worth your time...

confederate.png

truthlies.pngwhiteriver.pngflyingleadmedal.pngthevote.pngrollthedice.pnglawamporder.png

#5 aitch

aitch

DogCo Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

As above......  If nothing else by the time you add the postage and the work you'd have to/want to do to the gun it really isn't worth it.... The guns for 'Lead are expensive (and to be honest I end up firing more bb's to clear my guns at "safe time" than ever in anger) so if you want to dabble at 'Lead, talk to Josh and see if you can crew, if for no other reason than to see if you like it before committing a good few hundred pounds on kit....  

https://www.wonderla...hot-cap-pistol/

(Ok a "schofield break"  12 shot SAA is somewhat wrong but at least it doesn't have a RIS rail, would fill a holster for less than £20, makes a bang and is UK supplied..... Just sayin'   ;) )

Now remember guys... If your Engineer is smoking it is safe to smoke, If he is smouldering, could you please put him out !

#6 Private ryan

Private ryan

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

http://www.iwholesal...r_name=revolver

would this be ok with some new grips?

for if i do like it

#7 Four Leaf

Four Leaf

Gunslingin' Zombie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:Zombies
    Westerns

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

Bit to modern for my taste but Josh has final say. Remember this isn't about the gun fights, its role play that uses airsoft guns to solve combat disputes. I think I have fair claim to say I'm one of the more active gun fighters in Flying Lead and I fire maybe fifty BB's over a whole weekend. That includes the shotgun shells that I load five BB's into for each shot.

It' also worth noting that all guns at Flying Lead are expected to chrono around 300fps.

It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

#8 Heide

Heide

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Bushcraft, martial arts, military history.

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:48 PM

I've always thought that double action revolvers were a bit unfair in the game as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users