2 replies to this topic

#1 Kalinka

Kalinka

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

So i've been looking at getting some genuine bayonets to go with my cold war and nam kits, and it seems like the cheapest option would be to buy from the USA, as the prices for bayonets over here are kind of absurd (£60 for an M7 from SOF).

I know there are restrictions on importing knives and bladed objects, but i'm not overly familiar with the laws regarding this kind of thing, and the only information i can find leaves me kind of uncertain. I don't really want to pay for a nice bit of kit only for it to get chucked in the bin at the customs office, so i thought i'd ask here to see if anyone's had any experience with buying knives from abroad and what the laws might actually be regarding that?

And i'd like to apologize if me making so many question threads is getting annoying.

#2 bobtuskins

bobtuskins

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:45 AM

From the Home Office website:

https://www.gov.uk/i...fensive-weapons

TL;DR - Yes.

Offensive weapons that can be imported

Not all offensive weapons are controlled when imported. The following are classed as non-prohibited offensive weapons:

• antique weapons - generally over 100 years old
  • lock knives - ie with blades which fold into the handle that can be opened manually and locked into place
  • crossbows - except for use by unsupervised persons under 17 years old
  • swords, bayonets, machetes - except for concealed swords or swordsticks
  • axes, hatchets, tomahawks
  • throwing knives
  • replica medieval weaponry such as spears, lances, pikes, maces, caltrops and halberds
  • blowpipes and blowguns for use by vets and registered animal handlers - souvenirs that are incapable of inflicting injury are also exempt

If you are caught with any of the above without a legitimate reason and are suspected of planning to use it violently, the weapon can be seized and the police will be alerted.

#3 kris

kris

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Don't forget to add VAT, shipping fees and import duty costs to the pricing you're getting from the states. Sometimes it easier(and almost as cheap) to buy in the UK.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users