Photo

Return to Ia Drang Nam June 2019 - Huntley wood, Staffordshire.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

Filmsim events and Gunman Airsoft are proud to announce...
VIETNAM - Battle for Ia Drang - REDUX
24 hours in Hell.

300 acres at Huntley Wood, Staffordshire.
£85 with a £30 deposit to secure your place.
60 US 1st CAV and 60 PAVN/VC places

Its 1965 and one of the first major military operations by US is about to take place , lead by Lieutenant Colonel Hal Moore and his newly re-established 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry regiment. Only yesterday all his men were celebration there introduction to the war and saying goodbye to loved ones. Now it's 10.48 on the morning of the 14 November 1965 and Bravo Company has just touched down at LZ X-ray, There task is to establish the LZ and send out recon units to gather intelligence before the main force lands.

"Look around you. In the 7th Cavalry, we got a captain from the Ukraine, another from Puerto Rico. We got Japanese, Chinese, blacks, Hispanics, Cherokee Indians, Jews and Gentiles—all American. Now here in the States, some men in this unit may experience discrimination because of race or creed, but for you and me now, all that is gone. We're moving into the valley of the shadow of death, where you will watch the back of the man next to you, as he will watch yours, and you won't care what color he is or by what name he calls God. They say we're leaving Home. We're going to what home was always supposed to be. Let us understand the situation. We're going into battle against a tough and determined enemy. I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive, but this I swear, before you and before almighty God: that when we go into battle, I will be the first one to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off. And I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me God."

Lieutenant Colonel Hal Moore 1965

SIDES.
US 1st Cav
PAVN and VC

Both sides will have a fixed and out of game HQ with maps and radios but each group will have their own objectives.

As you can see this is a 24 hour game with no down time, however guys can step out and return to the out of game camp. this is without a doubt the best site I have ever seen for this scenario and will be a one off opportunity. We plan to make Helicopters!!!

Welcome to the War guys
Hi all and welcome to the next installment of our epic Vietnam story. This is a full on FilmSim experience and everyone will be expected to play his or her part. Like Milsim, you may not be pulling your trigger all of the time, however when the shit hits the fan, it will really mean something. We hope everyone can get fully immersed, live, eat and breathe the 1960s conflict.

We can offer full rental kit for anyone that needs if for free and period rifles are only £20 for the weekend. This will include 3 x 30rnd mags to get you going.

For this game you will need:
Full camping equipment
Water - drinking
Airsoft Kit (if you have it)
Food and booze for the socials.

Please try to bring and use period (ish) kit only if you can, NOTHING modern looking can be taken into the field or it MUST be disguised to not break the immersion of the camp.
There will be an out of game camping area too for guys will plastic tents.
WE HAVE A HUGE PILE OF FREE LOAD KIT TOO!!

Game times.
Friday
Gates open at 12pm for those that want to get onsite early. Registration will be open until 8pm.

Saturday
Registration re-opens at 8.00am
Briefing at 9.30am
Game starts around 10am Saturday morning and will finish 10am Sunday Morning.

We will provide field radios and maps for the commanders in the field. PLEASE do not bring personal comms, only platoon radios will be allocated and used.

#2 DirtyDenn

DirtyDenn

Captain

• GMA Marshall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

Interesting.
Be nice to play somewhere new
peace sells, buy who's buying?

#3 Stuart

Stuart

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

Somewhere no players know would be a very cool game, everyone can stumble blindly around the site shooting at anything that moves.
Almost like the (Hollywood) Vietnam War, right?

Lots of pictures (of me) at Gunman events: https://www.instagra...elevanthistory/

#4 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

yes..just like that;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users