74 replies to this topic

#41 Mole1811

Mole1811

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Theres some great costume on here and the photos in the flickr are just amazing :) The one thing I always recommend for a great costume, is dirt. No one ever has enough dirt! This system has proven great inspiration for my own costume which is currently being built. FATE: http://www.lost-idea...p?content_ID=14

some great ideas on there!

Ah my kit was covered in dust and grime I made 'cleaner' dirt with a mix of fullers earth, poster paint and talc :)

gadge what did you use exactly and how did you apply it?

#42 NiKtheALiEN

NiKtheALiEN

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:So many, so little time!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

One thing I remember reading on here was about 'torches'...and the game teams request to use the old lamp type to improve the atmosphere!

Thought I'd post to say if you search for 'vintage torch' on ebay you get some fantastic results!

I've just bagged myself an old dynamo bulb torch for £5, you have to pump it to make light, its so terrible, its awesome :D
(and theres quite a few others!)

#43 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Mole i got a big talc bottle with a 'shaker' on it, put in a load of fullers earth as well but it was still a bit too white so i bought a load of brown and black poster paint from a pound shop, put it in a bag, smacked it with a rolling pin until it was dust, mixed it all up, put the kit on, went outside covered myself in powder.

Posted Image

For added 'look' i put the goggles down before muddying up to have clean patches round my eyes.

#44 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Shotguns since been suitably weathered too

#45 Mole1811

Mole1811

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Great stuff, I shall have to giveit ago and see what comes out :)I

#46 Bastonne

Bastonne

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:building things and combat games

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

one bit of advice for that aged look is to tie the bits you want aged to a car and go up and down a dirt track, after that patch up whats left with leather and chunky stiches :D

#47 joseph porta

joseph porta

GMA-NW The Boss

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

My kit , im the centre of the group , holding the grease gun.

I dug out the leather jacket i actually wore in the late 1980`s, a ww2 era gun, and a pair of works jeans that i put on the back lawn and stabbed with a bayonet about 20 times through the legs, then washed them to frey the edges .

Posted Image
the old makeup addage "Less is more" works better for fallout, in both kit and weapons. dont bring lots of gear, you probably wont get to use most of it on your 1st game

#48 James Balbirnie

James Balbirnie

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies (especially dark comedy and war films), painting, writing (My Novels are on Amazon - James De-Vaux Balbirnie)

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

With li'l ol' me on the right, I agree, I never did get round to unlocking my G36 or l96, and as my semi pistol was buggered (even though that was it's first outing) it was the springer most the weekend, though Porta lent me the faction Thompson for the final battle with those filthy Provost scum

#49 Lt.Pope

Lt.Pope

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Ahem, I think you'll find I lent you the Thompson dear boy (that would be me 2nd from the right). For this up coming foray into the Tud I intend to have some much grimier looking attire.......
Posted Image

#50 Mole1811

Mole1811

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Well im certainly looking forward to it either way even if my glock or colt saa are the only toys for the weekend.

#51 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Indeed, in wastelander if there is a 'mexican standoff' there should be a good chance that one of you has an empty weapon and is bluffing! The guy with an assault rifle is to be feared!

#52 joseph porta

joseph porta

GMA-NW The Boss

• Global Moderators
  • 683 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

even with an RPK on the vehicle, we were outgunned.

we were driving round like king shits causing mayhem, and generally acting like a Pikey tour van, however, the tud soon orgainized a defence force from wastelanders and local residents. When we attempted to escape from provost justice, a very effective ambush wiped out half the slavers.... errmm Mercs group, and we had to behave near the tudd after that

#53 NiKtheALiEN

NiKtheALiEN

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I've just finished a weekends scavenging for my costume, pretty happy with the results! Plus much more to come...

Attached File  APoc1.jpg   227.36KB   88 downloads

You can see more and folow my work in progress here: https://www.facebook.com/SpiderTrooper

#54 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, reenacting

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Haha, that's stunning!

#55 bobgog

bobgog

Hunters Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:mountain biking, walking in the woods, shooting, socializing with quality folk, airsoft, larp, table top games,ps3, sleeping and eating.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Dude you look awesome :) top job. Are they metal signs or sew on patches?
bobdog

#56 NiKtheALiEN

NiKtheALiEN

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thanks guys!

Mix of tin, steel and cast signs, patches and badges :)

#57 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Absolutely *top notch* this is really exactly what i had in mind when i envisioned scavengers.

#58 Bastonne

Bastonne

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:building things and combat games

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

i think my kit is a but too russian to use (i run a rpk and shotgun combo) any advice?

#59 Mole1811

Mole1811

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I've just finished a weekends scavenging for my costume, pretty happy with the results! Plus much more to come... Attached File  APoc1.jpg   227.36KB   88 downloads You can see more and folow my work in progress here: https://www.facebook.com/SpiderTrooper

Looks wicked man! Real scavenger feel to it!!

#60 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

i think my kit is a but too russian to use (i run a rpk and shotgun combo) any advice?

Well the easy fix is start with the shotgun, until you've built up funds you're unlikely to be able to afford an lmg or the ammo to use it to any effect.

If the clothing is too russian then just buy some bad clothes at a charity shop and mess them up.

My leather armour cost about £30 to make. £20 for some trousers from a charity shop, £5 for a jacket and £5 for two police riot armour pads from anchor.

The trick is making stuff that looks like you've been looting bodies and bins, its an 80s vibe so really very modern comabt gear is the the sort of thing the governmant remnants will be wearing should they make an appearance (oh sorry did i let that slip there).

Weaponry ideally should be things like hunting rifles, shotguns, handguns, old 80s nato weapons etc.

At a future date there may be some SovBlok intervention (espeically as the tallion managed to lock a targetting satellite onto moscow, so i imagine there is a boat with some angry spetsnaz on their way over at some point to see what the risk is).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users