#1 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, reenacting

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

While there might at first seem like a lot to remember here, it all boils down to:

First hit cripples, and the second kills ya…

So without further ado lets get on to explaining living and dying in the Wasteland.
The following paragraphs will assume that the player has been hit and or wounded in a firefight, where the rules differ for being hit in melee/close combat we’ll make a note there and then.

BEING HIT.
Unlike most airsoft games, where being hit anywhere takes you ‘out of the fight’, here, this isn’t the case. The first time you're hit *anywhere* you must drop to the floor and scream out where you have been hit: ‘arrgh my arm’ ‘arrgh my leg’ etc. If possible get into cover. Once on the floor or in cover you can fight back if you’re still alive.
NOTE: If you have the perk NERVES OF STEEL you can remain in place to carry on fighting, but you still must shout out you're hit.
The hit you have taken puts that limb or location out of action, and it is CRIPPLED. If its an arm or a leg you cant move that limb, if its your body or head you're KO'd, and cant move at all. This penalty stays in place until you are BANDAGED or use a STIMPACK.
If you are hit in any location that is CRIPPLED for a second time you are DEAD (well deal with being DEAD later).

ARMOUR
Armour can protect you from being wounded. Armour approved by an organizer as being sufficient will make you immune to hits to that location ONLY. Armour can and may be destroyed by lengthy firefights, you will be informed by a referee if this happens but in most cases ARMOUR is considered to be constantly in effect. ARMOUR only stops normal close combat weapons and bullets. It does not work against explosions or against any weapon or effect that is described as ARMOUR PIERCING (such as powerfists or lasers)

BANDAGES
Each player carries a number of bandages. Bandages can be tied on or around CRIPPLED locations to restore them to working order. If a player is hit on an arm or a leg, they CAN bandage themselves, however, if they're hit in the body or head, they're KO'd and can ONLY be bandaged by another player. A bandaged location shot again results in a DEAD result. BANDAGES are there to get you out of a fight, not to replace ARMOUR!
You can wear more than one BANDAGE but only up to your maximum number of BANDAGES, and only one per location. You could have both arms, your head and a leg bandaged and be in the fight… but if you have your bandaged arm hit again it’s too much trauma and you’re out!

REMOVING BANDAGES
You can have bandages removed by any player or NPC who is a HEALER. Fixing the injury must be roleplayed to the full and once complete (at a rough guide spend two to five minutes on this) the limb or location is back to full health.

USING STIMPACKS
A player may elect to use a rare and expensive STIMPACK to restore them to full health. This can be done at any time, even in a firefight! The player must lie down (or as near as possible) and shout ‘STIMPACK’ loudly, then discharge the device. Using a STIMPACK restores ALL of a players limbs and locations back to normal.

DEATH and learning to live with it.
Dead players must lie where they were killed (where safe and possible) and remain there for at least five minutes, in order to allow their opponents to loot their bodies. Looting players can ONLY rifle through the 'possessions bag', which all players will have to store their items in. Once this time has elapsed the player must return to the trading post to see if they really are ‘Reaper Meat’ or whether it was an ‘Against The Odds’ recovery.

At the trading post the player will be asked to draw a card at random from a deck.
If its RED you’re DEAD
If its BLACK you’re BACK
Simple as that.
Possessing MED1X allows you to redraw a bad result if you died through combat/explosions etc
Possessing RAD-B-GONE allows you a redraw if you died because of Radiation or Poision.

Players still alive may now go back to the Wasteland but forefeit any items taken by their looting opponents. Any QUIDS still in the bank, skills aquired or equipment in storage still belongs to them though!

Players who are DEAD now have two choices. They may either start again using the same character they began with or take time out to redesign a new Wastelander (perhaps borrowing costume elements to make it look different from the organisers and friends). With this in mind it’s probably well worth designing a ‘back up’ character and bringing a few extra distinctive clothing items along with you just in case.

And for the SURVIVORS

Surviving in the wasteland is hard enough, but for those that stick it out it strangely gets easier and easier.
Completing objectives, salvaging useful items and killing mutant creatures can all result in the players becoming more EXPERIENCED and earning EXPERIENCE POINTS or XP.
All players start at Level (LVL) 1 and over time will gain more experience and go up levels. Each level gives the players more skills and additional bandages.
Its is highly unlikely for a player to go up a level over one event… it should take at least two to get from LVL1 to LVL2.

The important thing to remember here is being ‘DEAD’ set sets your EXPERIENCE BACK TO ZERO… so try not to waste your life out there! A canny player who backs out of firefights and lives to fight another day might find themselves steadily leveling up whereas the foolhardy will struggle to make it past first base!

#2 NinjaC00M

NinjaC00M

Um..... Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Ninjas, Ninjaing, and being a Ninja.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Power Fists and pew pew Laserz :D Where are my black monk robes at :ph34r: Looks good very clear thanks guys :wub:

Infidels
The Infamous Charlie Team

#3 bobgog

bobgog

Hunters Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:mountain biking, walking in the woods, shooting, socializing with quality folk, airsoft, larp, table top games,ps3, sleeping and eating.

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

i assume this applies to close combat with cuts, stabs and bludgeoning?
bobdog

#4 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

Yup a hit is a hit, whether its from a bb or a foam knife. The only exceptions will be particular types of hit that ignore armour.

#5 bobgog

bobgog

Hunters Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:mountain biking, walking in the woods, shooting, socializing with quality folk, airsoft, larp, table top games,ps3, sleeping and eating.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

sweet ;)
bobdog

#6 bioshock-95

bioshock-95

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:playstation, hangin out with mates, kickin ass! XD

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

what about unarmed you know your fists, but obviously dont punch em. for example you come up behind someone can u say "sorry mate i broke ya neck"? :lol:

other than that sounds good
Posted Image

#7 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

what about unarmed you know your fists, but obviously dont punch em. for example you come up behind someone can u say "sorry mate i broke ya neck"? :lol:

Haha, no, everyone will have at least a 'metal pipe', so there's no reason to resort to fists! :D

#8 ChromeNewt

ChromeNewt

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

For clarification, If I get shot out but nobody finds me to loot me, and I draw a black card to get back into play, I take it I keep all my kit?

I know it could be common sense but when you said XP is reset I wondered if the equipment also gets reset.

Also, in the rules if properly killed we get the option to play again as the same character (or so it reads). Do you mean same stats and loadout, but different "person", or actually as the same person? If the latter then that means we're immortal, or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?
PTE. Peat Barstard - Tallion

#9 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

Right, i had to reread the rules as its ages since i wrote them.

If you die properly as in your really dead, and med1x or radbgone cant save you you start again. You lose all your quest items, any acumulated wealth and kit and restart with a 'clone' of your starting character (you can if you want keep the same background but it would be more interesting to invent a new one).

With that in mind be wary of starting fights, you could lose everything. With that in mind remeber that if you 'down' a player you an still loot them for items you dont need to actually kill them unless you really want to make an enemy. Raiders and monsters are fair game!

I'm expecting players to really think about it before having shoot outs like we do at flying lead. I'll have a think about it but I may put in a way of 'banking' weapons and equipment at Garps in the form of a 'will' so your long lost brother or whoever who replaces you can keep the aquired items.

So to answer your question mate, it's same stats and loadout but technically a different person, i'm not going to forece anyoe to create a new name and back story but i'd be dissapoited if they didnt.

Josh has loads of webbing, uniform, bags etc that players can loan to make any 'new starts' look a little diferent.

#10 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

It's also a good idea to bring along some spare clothes anyway in case you get soaked or coverd in crap and want somethign clean to sleep in,

#11 harrym

harrym

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

How do players get "downed"? As they can fight back when on the floor having been shot in the leg, or similar. If I want to go and loot people without killing them, what should I do?

#12 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

You cant realy loot someone unless they are dead or unconscious. Note the nerf dart guns can knock people out if you're lucky.

If you're shot in both legs (and have the wound not to be dead) you'd be immobile on the floor but could still shoot from the floor

#13 Webby

Webby

GMA Marshall, GMA Stoke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Perhaps in the future you could introduce a pickpocket style idea. If you're hidden and you can touch someone (a little bit like a knife kill from regular airsoft) then you can say "Pickpocket" The sneaky player takes one item from the 'inventory' of the other player. This would only be able to happen if the player was unseen until the call is made, otherwise people would walk around crouching down like off've skyrim!

#14 walach

walach

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Part of my likes this.

Part of me thinks this is just generally bad.

Fine line between LRP and airsoft. The more you gear the system towards providing people with 'skills' they can take to allow them to do things in a system (rather than being reliant on someone having to have skills irl to steal something), the more you encourage people to game the system and becomes rock-paper-scissors.
**Knuckles**
Pikey-mando

Founding member of Team F*cktard - F*cktard for life.

Spoon - NFU Sugar

Viking Airsoft general spod

#15 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Fine line between LRP and airsoft. The more you gear the system towards providing people with 'skills' they can take to allow them to do things in a system (rather than being reliant on someone having to have skills irl to steal something), the more you encourage people to game the system and becomes rock-paper-scissors.

I think this is the issue, trying to get the balance right between the two elements. Then there's the aspect of what the robbed player does once they've had an item stolen. Obviously they know who's done it, but then they've got to roleplay that they don't know who it was. With the best will in the world, that's a tricky one.

Something to talk about, certainly, after the next one, and we've seen how well the updated rules/skills system works.

#16 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Aye we've got to learn as we go along here really.

Essentially it is the whole balance thing.

IN a true RPG I *shoud* be able to be 16 stone, five foot tall and partially sighted and *still* play a deft ninja who can jump 8ft walls, throw a shuriken into a mousehole at 50 paces and walk on egg shells. A real RPG would have rules that allow me to do this.... but i've played games like this and they can rapidly get very silly with people shouting numbers at each other everytime they hit each other or shouting 'time freeze 10 seconds' and everyone has to stand still with their eyes closed while they use their 'running really fast skill' despite having a real top speed of 3 mph :)

Personally I'd rather we keep the system minimal to let real roleplaying come to the fore. I dont mind skills that let you do something that is base don intellect (like lockpicking, computers, bargain etc) as obviously we cant all be dedicating years of our life to that skill. But those that affect the *physcal* ability to do something i see as a neccesary evil, at the moment we have the minimum of them... for this very reason 'dodge' was removed...

I put it in there to allow guys with zero real aptitude for close combat to be quite fearsome but it simply didnt work.

Pickpocket is *possible* for a later event (too late to get it in now, we've just done the skill chips) but i think it would have to be a case of being around someone for a minute or so and saying 'pickpocket 3' or whatever and having to beat their level of awareness to succeed... again then you'd have to pretend you did not notice it if it was succesful.... defintely something to discuss after this event.

As we said before the last one. Its not fixed in stone, if stuff doesnt work we're happy to change it but this close to the event I cant change *anything* else or its just not going to happen.

#17 Mr Smile

Mr Smile

Smiley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Graphic Design, Writing, Gaming

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Just a quick question and I'm sorry if I missed the part where this was answered (if it was).

Is this exclusively 18+? I'm just getting into airsoft but this live action roleplay really has me interested. I love everything post-apocalyptic and I have some like minded friends who also want to get into airsoft starting next year. My mask in itself was painted to look a bit apocalyptic and crazy so I'd have a prime chance to use it in game with a back story to it. If under 18's arent allowed it'd be a shame as I haven't seen this anywhere else and it sounds like an awesome event but fair enough. Cheers in advance for any answer!

#18 BL4CK0P3R4T1V3

BL4CK0P3R4T1V3

2nd Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

This sounds awesome but complicated.....
Will defiantly give it a go in the new year!!! :-)
gmasigvillage1cx5.jpg

#19 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Just a quick question and I'm sorry if I missed the part where this was answered (if it was).

Is this exclusively 18+? I'm just getting into airsoft but this live action roleplay really has me interested. I love everything post-apocalyptic and I have some like minded friends who also want to get into airsoft starting next year. My mask in itself was painted to look a bit apocalyptic and crazy so I'd have a prime chance to use it in game with a back story to it. If under 18's arent allowed it'd be a shame as I haven't seen this anywhere else and it sounds like an awesome event but fair enough. Cheers in advance for any answer!

Hi, yes, it's 18+ only, I'm afraid. there are adult themes, alcohol being served, and as myself and Gadge run it as individuals on Josh's site, rather than as an 'official' gunman game, we don't want the legal responsibilities of having minors onsite.

#20 Mr Smile

Mr Smile

Smiley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Graphic Design, Writing, Gaming

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Damn, thanks for the response though. 'spose I got a two year wait... thats gonna drive me nuts. Seriously hope you guys are still running this by that time! Looks like one hell of a weekend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users