Photo

Wastelander made the Airsoft Action cover.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

this months issue (on sale Aug 30) has an account of the event and yours truly on the cover... personally i thought the shot of Evo and Bodie was better but it wasnt my call.

So if you want to see yourself in print. I've got no idea which shots were used inside but i'll be amazed if the one of Nel and Ben isnt.

#2 ChromeNewt

ChromeNewt

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm at work at the mo so can't google it properly yet but around where I live it's impossible to get. Can you please point me in the direction of how I can obtain copies of this delectable publication? ;)
PTE. Peat Barstard - Tallion

#3 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Its in WHS Smtihs every month.

Regrettably the pic on Airsoft Actions facebook page has attracted a load of petty homophobic and stupid responses.... :(

#4 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,930 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

boys will be boys;( shame as I think the pic looks ok! but each to their own!

I hope someone clears it up or atleast holds back any more comments however as it doesnt show a very united airsoft community;( Just a bunch of silly billys that cant express a dislike for something without being.....well rude! Sorry you took one on the chin gadge but I wouldn't loose any sleep over it! Gunman love ya :wub:

#5 k33l3r

k33l3r

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

just read the comments, wished i hadn't, and i thought the retards at work were bad
awesome pic, awesome costume, awesome event, nuff said

#6 Swerve

Swerve

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

Dear me! what is it with some people!

Airsoft is what you make it, whatever the theme, whatever the event. Closed minds and childish attitudes just reduce the fun.

#7 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,930 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

I think the problem is so many peeps have no idea what Airsoft is and still play with the mind set that what they do is it. Also a few of the guys may have other reasons for behaving like that. Not sure they meant to be homophobic but they really didn't care about anyone's feelings. The comment of 'this is the Internet so live with it' attitude was typical of someone who new they were in the wrong and had no real excuse. As you say, a real shame.

Big lubs Gadge mate xxxxx

#8 BragHow2

BragHow2

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

its a wicked pic man, really captures the wasteland and if anyone can't get hold of the hard cope u can get it on smartphone or tablet if u got 1, just go to the Website :-)

#9 lostdave

lostdave

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

The stupid commenters aren't people who are going to play anyway. Let them continue to be offensive 13 year old boys on the internet, while we all go back to playing "cowboys & indians for grown-ups".

This is a new kind of fusion game, and you always get detractors and neigh-sayers from both sides with such things - in this case airsofters who just want to shoot things and not play characters, and larpers who can't cope deal with actual shooting. I'm sure they'll have been similar issues with the re-enactment/airsoft crossovers various of you have been involved in.

Little Dave - Svein Noovertakingson, Jarl of JVC; Catatonic Guy; Digger; Raiders; whatever other crazies the Wasteland needs. 

#10 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, reenacting

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

I'm sure they'll have been similar issues with the re-enactment/airsoft crossovers various of you have been involved in.

Bang on. It's happened before, it'll happen again. These aren't the people who would be coming to this type of game, nor would we want them, tbh.

#11 Lt.Pope

Lt.Pope

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

End of the day you look really cool on the cover of an ace magazine, wastelanders some of the most fun I've had ever and every one who's been appreciates and respects you for who you are and the monumental amount of effort you put in for us to have a great time. keep up the good work and I look forward to shooting cans in the bar with you again next time!!
Posted Image

#12 Yankee Mike

Yankee Mike

Captain

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

All I have to say is if they are so afraid of homosexuals may be they should stop attracting them by acting like complete cocks, pay them no mind they will soon slope off in their XXXL BDUs to try and intimidate some one else.
Corporal Hancock: Sir.
[Offers mug of tea]

Major General Urquhart: Hancock. I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?

Corporal Hancock: Couldn't hurt, sir.

#13 Fatcat

Fatcat

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thought this was quite appropriate :)

Posted Image

#14 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

excellent, cheers for the kind words guys.

As i've said elsewhere i've got some really serious fmaily stuff going on and i'm very very ill at the moment myself (its an effort to keep playing tbh, i should be on incapaicty benefit but i want to work) and i was additonally at a low ebb that day as I found out my dogs got a very (minor) heart problem (but it still really upsrt me).

Normally i'd laugh this sort of stuff off. christ knows i've had homophobic bullshit all my life , every school i've evr ever taught in, at games workshop and loads just on nights out... the total irony that i'm straight and usually with my missus isnt lost on me but it does drag you down after a while.

If i *was* gay, you'd all fucking know about it trust me... i'd be like julian bloody clary. :)

Its just the bigotry from the 'mainstream' of the hobby i find staggering.

#15 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,930 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

You did the right thing mate and not bother to reply any more. They have been jumped on now and to be fair they have made themselves look very silly. Cant wait to see the right up and more pics! We cant stop running top end events just because a few twits dont get it! Hope you and Evo can make FL.

#16 Guest_Staceh_*

Guest_Staceh_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

F*ck'em. I've stuck my two penneth worth in.

#17 joseph porta

joseph porta

GMA-NW The Boss

• Global Moderators
  • 683 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

also stuck in my two pence as well, though im probably being anti XXXXXL multi cam phobic.

#18 bobgog

bobgog

Hunters Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:mountain biking, walking in the woods, shooting, socializing with quality folk, airsoft, larp, table top games,ps3, sleeping and eating.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

get well soon Gadge. All the best dude ;) i really was shocked by what i read, but the lads are spot on. The small minded need not concern the like's of evolved folk like i.e 90% of the world's population. a small, slowly but surely fading breed of backward thinking morons. keep the chin high man there just jealous.. facto maximo..
bobdog

#19 Cypher

Cypher

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

The cover shot was really cool! All of the photos were really good, apart from the canteen shot - as all you can see is the back of my massive head.
Am really gutted, i was looking forward to being on the cover myself with my NCR loadout.
Maybe next time.

#20 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

I dont think they were the best shots tbh. There were some great ones sent in.

the one of evo, a really cool one of ben and nelly and some of the pit fight and the slavers in the wagon etc.

Here you go:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll put a full gallery up in a second

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users