4 replies to this topic

#1 RWS

RWS

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

My link I was scrolling through the internet looking at MP5 drop leg triple mag holders and found this. Anybody own one or seen one? I have been thinking about getting it but can only find it on one website.

Can anyone offer any feedback?
:)

#2 Hugo

Hugo

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:The power of protein engineering, good airsoft tactics and teamwork.

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

I don't know what kind of MP5 you have but my Cyma full metal MP5 would be far too heavy to carry in a holster on my leg. I do have a leg platform with three MP5 mags and two GBB pistol mags (allowing me to still reach for mags while I am lying prone with a chest rig) which is already heavy and moving around when running.
It looks cool but think about the practicality. It will also be different from drawing a loaded handgun as you will need to insert a magazine first. Is getting a good sling and wearing it on your back not better instead? Or what about some sort of scabbard on your back?

The image says UZI, MP5 pistol etc. while the image displays a full size MP5J holstered. A mini Uzi or Uzi pistol are as different from a full size Uzi as the MP5K is from the MP5J. Size and weight are important in your choice.

#3 Guest_Staceh_*

Guest_Staceh_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

god no, I can see that swinging around and givng you a lovely tap in the stones.

#4 Ginga_Jonny

Ginga_Jonny

Resident Orangutan / GMA Marshall

• GMA Marshall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:Things... Interesting things.

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:50 AM

I would also think that drawing an MP5 from that position would be a pain in the backside. I mean, you wouldnt be able to grab it by the foregrip and pull it out without getting your arm/elbow in a rather awkward position because its a lot longer than a pistol surely? I could be mitaken but it doesnt seem like the quickest way to access a sidearm of that size.

And it does say MP5 pistol, whatever an MP5 pistol is :huh:
< Insert something witty here >

#5 Fluffy Bunny

Fluffy Bunny

Tea Drinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Shizzle

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

By it's very name an MP5 is a pistol.... MP standing for Maschinenpistole

1 user(s) are reading this topic