26 replies to this topic

#21 UK-Dragunov

UK-Dragunov

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

My issued 58 was completely modded as soon as i was out of basic. Kidney pouches dumped for a number of water bottle and ammo pouches.
I used and still have a 'hippo' pad/belt attached as well as the bungee trick. All pouches very tight and close to gether as Gadge mentioned.
Poncho roll is set on top of the pouches to stop that annoying banging on the back of your legs. Most of the time though the poncho roll was not used as it only contained the nylon water proofs, which made you wetter and more of a noisy target than if you didnt wear them, so we never really used them. Gortex was far from being issued then...........
Nige has valid points about filling your pouches with something to raise the 5.56 mags as they do feel a little small, although on the flipside if you put them in correctly you can manage 4 in each instead of 3 7.62.
I also placed some dense foam under the yoke, securing it with NBC tape for added padding on those long weeks running about.

I used a Berghaus Cyclops Roc instead of the large pack (again once out of basic). Detachable zipped side pockets allowed for attaching them to a yoke when PLCE became more popular which made for a good sized daypack.

The only slight downside to customising with water bottle and mag pouches was that the kidney pouches were wider and thus allowed the burgan to sit on them better.
Posted Image
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for the Fallschirmjäger Rgt2 art with me; thy STG44's and thy MG42 they comfort me.

#22 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

That pouch Gadge, are you sure it's not a 44 pouch? Or even British?
Just a thought.

#23 Grimlock

Grimlock

Myrmidon DM/GMA Marshall

• GMA Marshall
  • 1,498 posts
  • Interests:Honey badgers & Myrmidons

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

Gadge it looks like a brit 37 motor transport pouch. Sure you're already aware but the despatch riders and the like on motor bikes didn't wear a full webbing belt kit just a pistol belt with one of these
"If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya. Because we're firing blanks doesn't mean we have to be thinking nice thoughts. So you remember, you keep the fire down, right, you get stuck in and you kick their fu**ing teeth out, or I guarantee you, Joe, they will be eating your bollocks for breakfast, sunshine"

"Just perfect" - Caz 26/7/14

#24 Grimlock

Grimlock

Myrmidon DM/GMA Marshall

• GMA Marshall
  • 1,498 posts
  • Interests:Honey badgers & Myrmidons

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Just check my ww2 webbing and it is a motor transport pouch
"If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya. Because we're firing blanks doesn't mean we have to be thinking nice thoughts. So you remember, you keep the fire down, right, you get stuck in and you kick their fu**ing teeth out, or I guarantee you, Joe, they will be eating your bollocks for breakfast, sunshine"

"Just perfect" - Caz 26/7/14

#25 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, reenacting

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

It's not an MT pouch, it's about a quarter of the size. It's also the wrong colour and material for anything 37 pattern.

I've had a look at it, and it's almost certainly field made. For what, I don't know, though.

#26 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

yeah i've got MT pouches and tons of books on webbing. Trust me i've got a *lot* of books on kit because of my job but as Evo sas its not a standard pouch. It's roughly the dimensions of a SUIT pouch but isnt one.

#27 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

At the mo though it makes a fantastic pouch for batteries and gun repair ancillaries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users