74 replies to this topic

#41 DirtyDenn

DirtyDenn

Captain

• GMA Marshall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Me and my boys stopped past there a few times perfectly peaceably for some water and a chat

LC boys were talking about always having water available for an in game dollar
peace sells, buy who's buying?

#42 Doc Brown

Doc Brown

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Heide I can only apologise and will request that the others do the same, I myself was purely construction during the event only leaving town on the Sunday 40mins before the end of play as I fancied a check on the claim. Yes things got a little jumpy on the Saturday as the attack happened whilst the white flag was flying so it was quite unexpected, the flag remained up for the entire weekend purely as my 4x4 was up there and we felt the presence of power tool and the like might not be right. I had hope Marsha was going to pop up as it's always fun to have a coffee with her. I am certain that the next time we play you would be welcomed to the town though I would probably suggest entering on the darker side of the line.

Everyone has put almost 3 years into developing there characters, setting up side deals and the like and hopefully LC will be able to provide new revenue streams for all that characters that inhabit this world. Maybe it could be possible that businesses start in LC with a view to earning enough money not to get out of SS but to leave LC for SS and then to head to the city from there.

I see the advantage of the way the game gives us freedom but it's how we use the freedom that counts I suppose.

Also have you seen the manga pics I put on the Facebook page with you in. I think they look awesome

#43 Heide

Heide

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Bushcraft, martial arts, military history.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Also have you seen the manga pics I put on the Facebook page with you in. I think they look awesome

Yes, I saw them on my "hidden" account (I'm not actually on facebook under my own name, for a myriad of reasons).  They look pretty cool.

I think that LC has a place as somewhere a bit more "wild", where even the most hard bitten criminals are striving for the day when they can go legitimate and leave the hard lives that they have made for themselves to settle down in somewhere like SS.  As I said, as long is it's not a "them and us" thing between the two camps, which results in too many firefights and the game losing it's focus, I welcome anything that's an addition and benefit to driving the game and characters forward.

#44 Itininerant Airsofter

Itininerant Airsofter

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

I was approaching from the Jameson mine.  My idea was that if I was on high ground and obviously silhouetted, it would be obvious that I wasn't a threat.  I wasn't even carrying a rifle and, my pistol was holstered.  A shot went right past my head, so, I got out pretty sharpish, as I saw lots of figures flitting about in the trees. Myself and the town Marshall also tried approaching on sunday but, saw people gathering on the hill and thought better of it but, after you had been attacked by vigilantes the day before, I don't blame you for being jumpy that time!

Ah, that certainly was the area we were shooting in, theres a high chance that was a series of unfotunate events!

#45 Heide

Heide

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Ah, that certainly was the area we were shooting in, theres a high chance that was a series of unfotunate events!

Fair enough.  Luckily, no harm done and, as I wasn't carrying my Winchester, I didn't shoot back, which should show my legitimate intentions to all.  I'll make it my business to try and get over there at the next episode and have a look around at what you've built.

#46 Itininerant Airsofter

Itininerant Airsofter

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

It would be a pleasure to show you 'round (masks frantic noise as guns, gold, women and 3 stuffed penguins are kicked under rugs....).

#47 Heide

Heide

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

What you get up to out there ain't none of my business, as long as any law breaking ain't there to be seen,  Maybe we can come to some amicable agreements when I come over for tea and biscuits?

#48 Doc Brown

Doc Brown

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Sounds like you've ready decided to step over that fine line you mentioned..... Awesome

#49 DirtyDenn

DirtyDenn

Captain

• GMA Marshall
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

The best way in my mind of making this work in game is to have a new class 'trapper/scout'.   This class can work the hunting grounds well (lets say *anyone* can hunt but do it at half or a third of the effect of the scout class).     I also suggested to Josh that the 'scout' class could once per day 'track' another player or NPC.   So if some bandits raided las cortinas or SS then you could pay a scout to give you a general idea of where they were or to allow the reereees to give you advance warning of where they will be at a certain time.  Obviously we cant track the movements of every player but take for example the posioning of the well by the pinkertons (crazy as SS uses the same well, if it had worked it would have killed EVERYONE).. now in character we dont know it was them but using the 'track' skill , Josh could have said.. the trail leads to the pinkerton camp etc.

i agree entirely, it's what i wanted to be and what i was going with with my character and outfit, was a bit disppointed there wasn't a class for it

was looking forward to wandering the woods for reward, although i did start a crew but i'm sure Boss Kane can have "gone a hunting"

(after which i'll come back to SS and cook a ham, most likely in a stew with pearl barley too, oopops, must be hungry lol)

#50 Four Leaf

Four Leaf

Gunslingin' Zombie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:Zombies
    Westerns

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'm hoping Boss Kane and his crew will still become part of the Pinkerton Agency ;) There's money a plenty to be had with us boys, we just need the man power.

It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

#51 Heide

Heide

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

I'm hoping Boss Kane and his crew will still become part of the Pinkerton Agency ;) There's money a plenty to be had with us boys, we just need the man power.

Yes but, they might live longer if they become part time deputy marshalls!  Plenty of work on the honest side of the law too.

#52 Four Leaf

Four Leaf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
    Westerns

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

The only threat to our lives is a jumpy marshall thinking he can just gun down folks for taking a piss !! ;)

It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

#53 Heide

Heide

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Jumpy?  I recall giving you a chance to surrender and then to stop mouthing off at me too!  I also thought we had resolved that one, when we sat and talked?  This Marshall doesn't carry grudges, nor get into feuds.

Anyway, the law is the least of your problems (as long as you don't break it).  After your little "episode" with the blackfoot, I'd say you have more to worry about than past history with me!

#54 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, reenacting

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

After your little "episode" with the blackfoot, I'd say you have more to worry about than past history with me!

We've already sent out the smoke signals for reinforcements, and will be defending our tribal homeland's territorial rights more vigorously than previously.

We're a peaceful nation, and welcome visitors and  trade opportunities, but illegally mining or dynamiting our land will not be tolerated. 

#55 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

that and trying to posion the nations and by extension as its the only water source the entire game system!

Might have been easier just to put a huge powder charge under shingle springs if you wanted to kill *everybody*

#56 Four Leaf

Four Leaf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
    Westerns

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

And thus is the beauty of our game, if people dont try these things, no one will know. When I came to you on the Saturday morning and asked for you to show us to a fresh supply of water, I didn't even know there was a well in game and being used, it was just something that I thought would be a valuable asset. I also asked about the meat supply into town, someone has to be briniging in food. 

Ultimatley, we wanted to see what would happen if the water was poisened, as it was, very little happened. So lets move on.

Rail through Idian land, yeah we tried that too, we were told that Shingle Springs is at peace with the Blackfoot tribe, and as such we were again the bad guys for not seeking permission to be on the land. Even Mr Paris made a point of saying about how much he hates those Injuns !! Remember the Manifest destiny folks.

So next game, we'll try something else new to see what happens, I've got a fair idea of what that might be, but will have to clarify a few things closer to the time. I'm very happy that La Cortina has appeared, as I've got an idea I want to try with them too.

Personally I dont feel like I've contributed enough to the game until Mr Banker comes and hurls insults at us for making him think too much :)

Oh and while I'm here, Boss Kane, you can still work for the marshals office even if you're employed by the Pinkertons, we were hired a few times by Mr Chillengworth at previous games and all was well :)

#57 Doc Brown

Doc Brown

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

Four leaf, if you liked la cortina before just wait til next time, I've spent most of the day working in structural drawings for the rest of the town, timber sizes and integrity. I need to dig a little and will be making some actual drawing to get signed off by josh. What's there now was built using nothing more than some palets, old wood and scavenged feather edge. I'm going to be gearing up with specific timbers/ internal metal reinforcements and deeper supports. Needless to saw I've already called shotgun in the penthouse lol

#58 Four Leaf

Four Leaf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
    Westerns

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

It sounds fantastic :) Cant wait to see the Pinkerton office :D

#59 knightwalker11

knightwalker11

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:ww2 and starwars

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

I'll vist your town the next time with a hope of a cup of tea :)

flyingleadoutpost.jpg

truthlies.pngwhiteriver.pngflyingleadmedal.pngthevote.png

#60 DirtyDenn

DirtyDenn

Captain

• GMA Marshall
  • 623 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'll vist your town the next time with a hope of a cup of tea :)

I'll go pretty much anywhere on the promise of a cup of tea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users