#21 kris

kris

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

Okay then, how'S this for an idea Josh?

No spare mags, for anything. All automatic pistols, all bolties, all winchesters, no spare mags. All have to be re-loaded in the field, no bb loaders either. We could go a step further and have real ammo limits for the guns we are using too. Would this even things up for you?
Haven't quite figured out yet what to do with all the different type of shotguns yet. Obviously someone with a Haw San style double barrel shotgun or Guards Gun can have spare shells, but how many? And what do we do with the TM style shotguns?

What does everyone think?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

I think you have it mate. Limit shotguns with mags like the TM ones to 2 shots then reload (like a double barrel)?

Love the idea of NO speedloaders too. Guys in fire fights thumbing in extra rounds sounds wicked!!

?

#23 aitch

aitch

DogCo Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Hey Josh,
My Ruger is a single action six shooter, reload by empting the cylinder of spent cartridges and feeding it 6 fresh ones....
No RIS, compensator or any modern faff.....

What's the gen on pump shotties?
Now remember guys... If your Engineer is smoking it is safe to smoke, If he is smouldering, could you please put him out !

#24 kris

kris

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

What's the gen on pump shotties?
[/quote]

I think Josh was thinking TM Benelli style shotguns (I think will need wood effect furniture) will only have 6 rds loaded in the shells so you get two shots before needing to reload, possibly no limit on the amount of shells. Gas M500 style shotties (still need to be wood or wood effect) have yet to be decided on, any thoughts?
Its all about having realistic ammo limits.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

Kris has said it right there for shotguns. How many rounds do the gas 500s hold and fire at a time?

#26 kris

kris

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

Kris has said it right there for shotguns. How many rounds do the gas 500s hold and fire at a time?

The 6mm version holds 150 rounds and fires 5 at a time. The 8mm version holds alot less.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 aitch

aitch

DogCo Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

As for R/S ammo limits, C96 Mauser? Mags full with mag restriction, or R/S limit and multiple mags? (yeah yeah it was originally with an internal mag and stripper clip)
Now remember guys... If your Engineer is smoking it is safe to smoke, If he is smouldering, could you please put him out !

#28 kris

kris

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

No spares, reload the one in the gun. Although I think they should be allowed a full 'combat' mag. Wasn't the original only 5 rounds?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 Lardassmonkey

Lardassmonkey

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

What about mag fed shotguns? I was thinking of going for a realistic limit for the gun it is meant to be (ie a Winchester 1893) of 5 rounds (+1 for feeding if needed) but with no spare mags or speedloaders.

I wouldn't have a problem with TM type shotties having 5 shots before reload (15 rnds) as the reload can take a while. However I'm not sure there are any TM types that look enough like shotguns of the era to pass as being acceptable IMO.

Real C96 mags hold 6, 10 or 20 rounds. I think most airsoft version come with the 20 rounder but 10 rounders are available. There are no 6 rounders AFAIK- these look different anyway. I'd say go for a realistic ammo limit in the mags but no spare mags if using the 20 rounders and maybe 1 if you have 10 rounders. No speedloaders either of course.

#30 Wladek

Wladek

2nd Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

For the hill-men Warren may have some of his muzzle loaders done by the time of this.... Though that is a maybe.

Posted Image

#31 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

If we make auto pistols to good you can kiss goodbye to all the revolvers. Although in real life that was the whole point of all these advancements, I'm just concerned we will end up with more autos than revolvers.
I have a wood finish benelli and I can change shells very quickly. I'm liking this rule you can only have 1 mag and all reloading must be done by hand. Until more become available, maybe we should keep shotguns to side by side or single barrel and stay away from pump. I know they were around but I dony think pump action shot, oooo wild west! I first think of trenches or 1920s gangsters and cops. Or we just limit the pumps to only 1 mag, which needs to be reloaded!

I think we all agree on the real steal limits.

#32 Wladek

Wladek

2nd Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

I am all for limiting it to period as much as possible, and trust in the sound judgement that Josh has shown as yet.

Posted Image

#33 kris

kris

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Gas M500 shotties have 3 loading tubes, how about just loading one tube? Thats 50 rounds, 10 shots. Wood effect benelli clones could have 12 rounds per shell, so 4 shots.
Just getting a little worried that if people are too limited or if the rules get too complicated people might be put off playing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 Lardassmonkey

Lardassmonkey

Captain

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:50 AM

I understand your reservations Josh but you've given a date of 1902 for the event Josh so anything before that date should realistically be allowed. Otherwise the change of date is kind of pointless as it doesn't really allow many more additional guns. The only possible extras are M91/30s as M1891 Dragoons and Kar98ks stand ins for the original K98 models.

That does include C96s as clearly they were around by 1902 (Churchill himself used one at Omdurmann in 1898 ;) )but that is about it on the auto front. AFAIK the next oldest auto model available in airsoft is the luger and that is 6 years too late so shouldn't be allowed. I don't think you need to worry about people opting for autos over revolvers anyway really. I doubt the kind of people drawn to western airsoft are the sort that are looking to win any arms race. Besides I'd say you're better off with a revolver than a C96 when it comes to the quickdraw!

Its a shame you can't load (or at least I'm assuming you can't) load the C96 from the top whem it is still in the gun like the real thing- that would be the ideal way to restrict the effectiveness of them as that would be a real pain in the arse. :D

Similarly with pump actions you may not think of them as western guns but they were around (since 1882 effectively) so any model that is suitable for the date should be ok. Since there isn't really any off the shelf pump action shotgun of the era though they should perhaps be judged on a case by case basis for anyone wanting to use one? As I said before I'd like to use one but I'd only bring it once it is looking as old and westernised as possible and if you have given it the thumbs up.

Gas M500 shotties have 3 loading tubes, how about just loading one tube? Thats 50 rounds, 10 shots.

TBH I'm not sure I'd want to even try and reload all 3 tubes in the field- it looks a real
PITA!.

Just getting a little worried that if people are too limited or if the rules get too complicated people might be put off playing.

Yes I think we're just going to have to trust that none of us will be looking for a blatfest so will be in fact restrict oursleves rather than needing a list of rules a mile long.

#35 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

I don't think you need to worry about people opting for autos over revolvers anyway really. I doubt the kind of people drawn to western airsoft are the sort that are looking to win any arms race.

Spot on matey, Im being a silly worry wart on this and should trust the guys coming more!! Apart from the none shell ejecting shotguns we have covered everything else.

REAL STEAL AMMO LIMITS!
NO AEGS (only exception will be a gattling gun if one ever gets made)
Any wood finish bolt action (effort must be made to hide any modern feature)
All mag requiring hand weapons and rifles (not shot guns) may carry one mag only and must be reloaded by hand.
Single or double barrel shotguns that take a shell and fire it completely may carry as many shells as they like (bloody expensive enough as it is)
Pump Action shotguns - NO (For this first game and we can debate it on the day) I have bolties I can rent;)
NO SPEED LOADERS.
Anything else?

#36 Wladek

Wladek

2nd Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

Anything else?

I am amusing rubber/latex knives and associated other things are fine?

Posted Image

#37 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

Hell yes, im having a few toys made for FL. In futur if we get enough guys interested Id like to run one of my Flying Lead Walking Dead weekends. They are wicked fun;)

#38 Lardassmonkey

Lardassmonkey

Captain

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

Pump Action shotguns - NO (For this first game and we can debate it on the day) I have bolties I can rent;)

I'll have to make do with my single shot Mauser for the moment then. I will probably bring along my (hopefully completed by then) Winchester 1897 for demonstration purposes though. :D

#39 NinjaC00M

NinjaC00M

Um..... Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Ninjas, Ninjaing, and being a Ninja.

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

Still haven't got my LARP Tomahawk but have a bow and am ordering some arrows :D Guns are for wimps :P That said if I can get myself a half decent revolver I will also bring that but am more interested in the tomahawk ;) No worries about autos or pumpies for me B) SHould be great fun :D

Infidels
The Infamous Charlie Team

#40 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, reenacting

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

Still haven't got my LARP Tomahawk

Saw this the other day:

Posted Image

http://www.theviking...g-axe-991-p.asp

For 11, which isn't bad, and throwable, too!

Might pick up one. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users