26 replies to this topic

#1 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

What an amazing weekend and cheers to all the guys for making such an effort to look the part.

US deployment
2IC Captain J Mallett

Alpha company

1st Platoon - Lazy company
2nd Platoon - The Infadels
3rd Platoon - Mymadons

First time I have ever seen a full company of men and it was awesome.

NVA/VC deployment
OC - Jong Sming
2IC - Mo Mo
10 men and woman of honour

Saturday consisted of training in the morning the 2 a long Op in the afternoon that took 5 hours.
Sat night was heaving at the Cinema tent with movies, music and booooze.
Sunday saw a raging battle over the sniper tower and an MG emplacement and then an evac to a second LZ for Alpha Company.

feel free to add you stories and pics;)

thanks to all for making this a weekend to remember and setting such a high standard from the off.

Josh

#2 Iceman5x5

Iceman5x5

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

Hi guys,

Just wanted to add a big thanks for one of the best airsoft weekends I've seen. Fantastic effort from everyone on kit, team work and the added bonus of the radios, fire missions, mortars really made a full on immersion into the Tudder"nam" experience.

Thanks to the CIA "VC/NVA" team, sneaky little so and so's in the bushes today, well played by all on the VC/NVA side, and the final push and fight you gave us to the LZ Bravo was a experience in itself.

Try and get some photo's from our combat photographer onto the site as soon as we can.

See you all soon

Paul
Lazy Co, Rangers Lead the way!

"Gentlemen. We've just seized an airfield. That was fcking ninja!!"

#3 Nothim

Nothim

Team Myrmidon Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

Waltzing Matilda....waltzing matilda.

G'day. Thanks to all our Yankie cousins for training so hard with us Aussie 'grunts'.

Honestly thanks to all for some excellent training and some brilliant and intense gaming. It has really made me look forward more so to the main event.

And thanks to Josh and the crew for being really tough VC and for putting this weekend on.

And here are some 'vintage' photos

[attachment=539:Nam_Weekend_Web_1.JPG]

[attachment=540:Nam_Weekend_Web_2.JPG]

If you would like better copies please PM me.

Mark
1RAR - Section 3
Myrmidons

#4 Nothim

Nothim

Team Myrmidon Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:10 PM

And some more 'vintage' photos

[attachment=538:Nam_Weekend_Web_3.JPG]

Mark
1RAR - Section 3
Myrmidons

#5 The_punisher

The_punisher

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

Howdy

just wanted to say had a fanstastic game with all you fine blokes. Josh and his team should be proud of what they accomplished in such a small time with the reddich SNAFU.

Probably see you all again in country in may time hopefully. That is if I dont have PTSD, I still hear the cries of "tsingtao!"

TAG.jpg

#6 kalashnikov_kid

kalashnikov_kid

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:23 PM

Awesome game. Too tired to type much (will do it later) Got one photo to share with more to come

KILL 'EM ALL, LET JOSH SORT 'EM OUT!

#7 Jonny

Jonny

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

Nothim those photos are awesome, i love that one of me.

was great playing with the mymidons as your token yankee, you guys really made my weekened

big thank you to lazy co and the infidels, and an equally big shout to those that played the vc, you guys were sensational. really felt like there was a horde of you!

more thanks yous go to our IC john for his leadership and josh for his huge amount of effort and enthusiasm in making this the best weekend of airsoft ive very played

thanks to all of you guys again.

see y'all in the shit

#8 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf

GMA REF

• GMA Marshall
  • 1,667 posts
  • Interests:ww2 1940s
    Reptiles
    Scooters its a Mod thing.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

Had a cracking weekend,really enjoyed hunting you GI's ph34r.gif ,see you all next time.

PHOTO's http://s673.photobuc...RSOFT/?newest=1 ENJOY wink.gif
(Captain) U.S 101st airborne,506th PIR, Easy Company

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
And many many more Battles

#9 Sall

Sall

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:secret

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:22 PM

Hope you like my pics cool.gif , ShadowWolf has just put up the link on photobucket

#10 Jonny

Jonny

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

great pics, keep em coming smile.gif

#11 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:44 AM

great pics, realy sets the scene.

Awesome!!

#12 BrewUpChaps

BrewUpChaps

2nd Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Duh!), Cooking (Double DUH!), Kendo, Live Action Roleplay, Beer ...

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:11 AM

Oh man! What a weekend. I was truly broken by the time I got home last night (sorry Josh, no energy for Rainbow 6). Too many good moments to recount to be honest, although i think I'm slightly more deaf in one ear from my AK wink.gif

WHA' YOO WAN? Nummer sixee wun?
-- Nigel

"I'm only the cook!"
"We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded."
"Really. I've got to have a dessert or I'll die!"
Posted Image

#13 fatmo

fatmo

Marshall/ ballbagger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:plinking and plinking

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

What an amazing weekend, thanks to everyone involved a. for a brilliant time b. a hell of a social c. for covering me in lots of little holes and d. for making me so tired i fell asleep practically as soon as i got home.

Well done to the yanks and aussies great fighting lads cant wait till next time.

An even bigger well done to the VC for appearing to be more than the 11 there actually was of us!

Thanks Again

me lub u long time

momoxxxx
Plinkty plink

#14 namaan

namaan

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

Another infidel reporting in,

thanks to all who made this weekend happen, it was my first vietnam airsoft event, and i absolutely loved it!

see you all at the main event next year

N

Timsig.jpg

#15 Ninja Mole

Ninja Mole

Team Myrmidon Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

That was a truly wicked weekend, fantastic battles and a really good feeling of "being there".

A BIG thank you to the VC, who must have spent the whole time running around like loonies keeping the US and aussies busy.

A VERY BIG thank you to Josh for putting this event on at his own cost, we really appreciate it and are 100% behind you for the main Ia Drang event. I had no issues lobbing in some dosh for pyro, I didn't get to fire any of them myself, but they sure added to the awesomeness of the event.

Jonny boy, a pleasure to fight with you, I believe the team are happy for you to tag with us any time you're down at tudds.

One final thing Josh, are you going to open up a discussion thread on the event and how the rules worked?

Mole out.
"Morale seems good, considering. But that will only last as long as the ammunition holds out. Although high spirits are just no substitute for eight hundred rounds a minute, but I don't think that's what you wanted to hear."

#16 Wellspoken

Wellspoken

Team Myrmidon

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

G'day
Just to say thanks to everyone for making the weekend a great experience. Had a great time and it was down to so much effort on the part of organisers and players alike.

Josh and the rest of the gunman team worked SO hard and certainly made it a weekend to remember. If this is a 'small' taster, I can't wait for La Drang.

Regards
Dai
We are now up against live, hostile targets. So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch.

#17 Marc

Marc

pistol lover & Gunner boy

• Members
  • 2,207 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft cars motorbikes

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

Would just like to say thxs to Josh for the good weekend it was well put together.

Well done to the VC/NVA iam sure i was seeing u lot all other the place.

Nice working with all on the US & Australlian side and look forward to the La Drang weekend next year.
Gunner.

#18 WhiskeyJuliet

WhiskeyJuliet

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

Awesome weekend guys, I'd happily only play four games like that a year over a normal skirmish every week. It'll be hard to go back to that now hehe.

Also thanks for everyone's feedback on the 'nades and ideas you put forward for other props etc. They were all cracking suggestions and have all been taken on board. See you in April biggrin.gif!

Will.

#19 cadarnofjeal

cadarnofjeal

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (WhiskeyJuliet @ Oct 27 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome weekend guys, I'd happily only play four games like that a year over a normal skirmish every week. It'll be hard to go back to that now hehe.

Just want to say I completly agree with the above and want to say thank you for a brilliant weekend.

I also want to say thank you to all of the US (and Australlian) forces for what was an exciting two days it was a pleasure to fight beside you.

To the VC/NVA thank you for hitting us so hard so often (that sounds wierd) it felt like there were hundreds of you and you always seemed to know when we were low on ammo or had sent some lads off to remove there bandages.

Finally to Josh and the other Gunman folks thanks once again for a brilliant weekend and introducing our team to a new level of excellence when airsofting, normal airsoft just wont be the same.

#20 WhiskeyJuliet

WhiskeyJuliet

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (cadarnofjeal @ Oct 27 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
normal airsoft just wont be the same.

Utterly seconded. I've played at many sites, nothing comes close to last weekend mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users