2 replies to this topic

#1 GOD

GOD

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

big thanks to Liam at Xsite ! i collected my grease gun today, fitted a 1500mAh 8.4 stick battery in to the steel mag and away it went! first mag was varying between 295 and 357 fps, then it settled over the next two mag refills to 338 fps.
the overall look and finish of the gun is stunning! just like a real M3A1, the earlier M3 had a cocking bolt, but ARES has copied the later A1 version,,,,,,clip in the mag (wont fire until,,,,)you lift open the ejection port flap, cock the bolt back by using a finger in the indentation, release it and the safety is disengaged....ready to fire!

hop is accesed under the bolt as you pull it back, it is a positive and easily moved slide that clicks and holds as you move it, so it self locks! nice!! it was easily set and it out ranges my Upgraded TM Thompson. to make the gun safe flip down the ejection port flap, each time you put a fresh mag in you need to re-cock the gun.

the all steel gun is heavy as is he mag, but not too heavy, this is probably the best made gun in my armoury.

have been told that the ARES rep has no idea how many will be allocated to the UK or when, so i was very fortunate to get this, the spare mags are not available yet so i will make 3 more for my M3A1 by copying the one that came with the gun. I know this has put many off buying this gun,as is the having the battery in the mag, cirtainly doesnt bother me as the batteries are very cheap and easily available.

this will get its first skirmish as soon as i get the Mags made, all in all and excellent airsoft gun

#2 Supportfire

Supportfire

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Great work Doug,

I have just seen that Redwold have the mags in a $24 a pop.

http://www.redwolfai...il?prodID=30360

Get on it buddy. Hope to see you at Senny.

JRC

#3 GOD

GOD

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

thanks Mate! i got the same message from liam and have ordered 3 more mags :D will use it at senny as well as my BAR of course ;) see you there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users