13 replies to this topic

#1 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

As evo said, we rarely got to leave the dog and hammer so help me fill in the gaps here as to what happened.

Friday

evening, players set up factions bases, a few drinks followed in the bar.

Saturday

10 am safety brief

10.30 wastelanders dropped off via 'taxis' factions sent to HQs

11am people are out searching and meeting new faces

11.30 reports of raider attacks

12pm the bar becomes quite busy for a while

I now have no idea what happens outside of the bar until about 7pm when there is a succession of raider attacks.

At about 9pm the 'huntress' takes wastelanders on a 'rad rabbit' safari

10pm it gets dark and the wastlanders retreat to the safety of their houses and tents.

Sunday

10am Back into play

about 12pm dyson sinclair is arrested for possession of narcotics

about 1pm a posse bands together to break him out.

2pm events ends with dyson synclir in the hands of the tallion but with a deal being struck to allow the NFU his services... i think he was still bomb collared at this point?

Help me fill in the gaps and if you can give me some one line 'sound bites' about the event and put your name and (real) city/town of origin it would *really* help me do a good review.

Cheers

Gadge

#2 bobgog

bobgog

Hunters Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:mountain biking, walking in the woods, shooting, socializing with quality folk, airsoft, larp, table top games,ps3, sleeping and eating.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

nice one man that's helpful too track our events. i didn't have a watch on for most of the game. cheers :)
bobdog

#3 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, reenacting

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

After Dyson was arrested, Otto riled up the inhabitants of the Tudd against the Provosts, blaming them for stealing, sorry 'confiscating' people's private property, and causing more trouble than they were worth. He managed to convince the main factions that they could manage the security of the Tudd themselves and got together a posse. This was all really a diversion, so he could get into the Provost base and retrieve some 'incriminating' evidence.

The posse consisted of a combined, but fragile, force of the NFU, 'Survivors' and some Tallion, all of which needed Dyson for one reason or other as well as some wastelanders, with some being more 'enthusiastic', whilst some others held back to see what happened. Once the Provosts were killed, The marshals put up a spirited defence until it was pointed out to them that as the Provosts were out of the picture, they weren't going to get paid, and that took the fight out of them, eventually surrendering. A group of NFU, 'Survivors' and Tallion then got into the Provost HQ, and while the NFU's security expert was unlocking Dyson's handcuffs, a 'Survivor' promptly put an explosive collor on Dyson and led him off, much to the chagrin of the other factions. While all this was happening, Otto secretly cleared out the Provost's files of anything incriminating pointing to him, Bill or the Dog & Hammer.

After that, it all got a bit messy and you'll need the factions to clear it up!

#4 Marchy

Marchy

Tinkerbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

"NFU's security expert" lol I wish.
***Tinkerbell***

member of Team F*cktard.

#5 Tiny

Tiny

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Dyson was still wearing his 'survivor' issued neck jewellery and a deal was struck with the Tallion (I believe) that he would remain in the hands of the 'survivors', but be made available to them for 2 jobs, obviously under 'survivor' guard (although I have a sneaky feeling these jobs are NFU jobs myself ;) ). Part of the deal was that they use the 'survivors' as their 'merc of choice' when they require any assistance. Think that was when endex was called. Correct me if i've missed summet guys!
My two cents.....
Tiny

#6 ChromeNewt

ChromeNewt

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

Pretty much correct Tiny. The Tallion and NFU help each other out and the Mercs are welcomed in as our hired help of choice. EndEx got called before I could talk to the PAK and the other leaders unfortunately. If Gadge and Evo allow then I wouldn't mind having a discussion with the heads of all the factions. I'm not sure how much it would spoil things if I published them here so it's up to Gadge and Evo if they want to have a chat with me / us first to see if it's where they want the game to go. There was also some epic (from my drunken perspective) discussion with the NFU on Saturday night that led to some smashing RP but again I don't know if you want it published here or want to discuss first.

Certainly from the Tallion perspective, there's lots of action AND intrigue. This game is totally bastard-epic! :D
PTE. Peat Barstard - Tallion

#7 Guest_Axon_*

Guest_Axon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Great weekend glad i could protect oscar from harm! pesky lot lol

#8 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

When was the thunderstorm, what time did the pit figth between porta and popey happen?

#9 joseph porta

joseph porta

GMA-NW The Boss

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

I think pit fight was about 1500

#10 Lt.Pope

Lt.Pope

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Josh has suggested for the Nam events we carry a note book and right down things as they happen, perhaps it would be a good idea if we all did this for Wastelander next time?
Posted Image

#11 bobgog

bobgog

Hunters Arbitrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:mountain biking, walking in the woods, shooting, socializing with quality folk, airsoft, larp, table top games,ps3, sleeping and eating.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

good idea pope
bobdog

#12 harrym

harrym

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

There was the pit fight between me and Rimberg as well after the slavers caught us in there. They enslaved Rim but the provosts rescued him before they got away. Then we pegged it. Not sure what the time was but there were some pictures - it was before porta & popey.

#13 James Balbirnie

James Balbirnie

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies (especially dark comedy and war films), painting, writing (My Novels are on Amazon - James De-Vaux Balbirnie)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

My Saturday timeline, as best I could remember it is at:

http://gunmanforum.c...?showtopic=8520

Hope that helps (and I hope that it's amusing too)

James (Dijk)

#14 Dastardli

Dastardli

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Josh has suggested for the Nam events we carry a note book and right down things as they happen, perhaps it would be a good idea if we all did this for Wastelander next time?

That was the point of my (Dyson's) diary (plus a way to get the inside story on other factions if someone was to steal it). Unfortunately it was stolen from me within about ten minutes of meeting anyone (damn those Slavers!) so I'd not had chance to write anything of significance!

Best laid plans eh...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users