7 replies to this topic

#1 LDM

LDM

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

Fully accept this will probably cause amusement or lead to abuse, but am guessing people don't normally where any lower face protection to these types of event?

I guess it makes me sound like a bit of a wimp / coward!

#2 tomlegg

tomlegg

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Vietnam Airsoft

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:40 PM

Matey, if you want to wear to lower face protection then you go for it!  While we all try to look the part as much as possible, safety must come first and if this means using lower face then so be it!

Gunman Events:

VIETNAM:  Ia Drang Part 2: Broken Arrow - The Long Walk - Choker - Ho Chi Minh - Overdrive - Battle of the Chuối Gà River - Operation Diamond Head

COLD WAR:  Cutthroat - Black Gold Part 2: Two Faces - Hockwerk - Double Barrel Part 1 - Operation Light House - Battle of the Weser - Gulag - DMZ 84 - The Dark

Non Gunman Events:

VIETNAM:  DorkingNAM Nov. 2009 - DorkingNAM April 2010 - CS 'In Country 8' Aug. 2010 - CS 'In Country 9' Aug. 2011 - DorkingNAM Oct. 2011 - DorkingNAM Nov. 2012 - Operation: Dust Off April 2014 - Operation: Dust Off II May 2015

OTHER:  CS Operation "Full Metal Wedding Jacket" June 2012 - WWII The Battle of Tulagi April 2016 - Grenada Day 2 August 2016

#3 Wellspoken

Wellspoken

Team Myrmidon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:54 PM

Not at all. Lower face protection is big and clever. I prefer mesh to neoprene, some use scarves, some use gum shields. Protect your teeth. Dental work costs money that could better be spent on airsoft.
We are now up against live, hostile targets. So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch.

#4 LDM

LDM

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

Cheers,

It is a tough one, obviously it gives a better look and the masks can hinder looking down the sights of a SLR. That being said, the first time I ever played a guy had his front tooth broke, probably very bad luck etc but has made it a concern especially as I seem to have my mouth open too much when running around - it may be a chance in a million but knowing my luck!

I have been thinking about adding something like the SteelMouth to a neoprene mask although obviously it will restrict air and spoilt the look, it should allow for tucking the rifle in nice and tight.

#5 Doublehard

Doublehard

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

Wrap a face mask with a bit of scrim - you get the protection but keeps it in theme.

Agreed with the other comments though - protection come first!

#6 LDM

LDM

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:49 PM

Thats the usual approach but will idealy find a better option to keep things lower profile.

#7 Muttley

Muttley

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

Personally I find the more you try and disguise face protection the more cumbersome and uncomfortable it becomes. I play east German so we have an issue 'grandma scarf' that can be pulled up over the face but I have no problem with fellow Genossen that prefer actual mesh.

At the end of the day as others have said nobody cares at all what you cover your face with, we are just happy to have another Brit to shoot at! Err, I mean valued member of the cold war community!...

#8 ManiacDoug

ManiacDoug

2nd Lieutenant

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

No different to wearing eye protection (except you wouldn't be allowed to play without eye pro).

I can't imagine anyone would make fun of you if you chose to wear face protection. I personally never wear it mainly because I still haven't made the transition to mesh goggles and suffer terribly with fogging if I wear a lower mask.

I just try and keep my mouth closed (which for those who don't know me is practically impossible lol)

A scarf or scrim round your mouth will stop teeth breaking if you're really bothered about the look, but will constantly try and unerap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users