15 replies to this topic

#1 Target

Target

Mr Gunman

• Gunman Management
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Cheers to all for taking part in episode 2 of Wastelander.
In short it's was awesome!
Feel free to pop your thoughts up here!

#2 Crofty

Crofty

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

Third go at writing this, I always end up with a list of people that made it utterly fantastic which is basically everyone whose name I knew, which seems unfair.

So Instead.

Thanks everyone! HUGS! (oh um, you've got some green on you)

#3 James Balbirnie

James Balbirnie

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies (especially dark comedy and war films), painting, writing (My Novels are on Amazon - James De-Vaux Balbirnie)

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

At it was my first roleplaying airsoft event I hadn't really known what to expect but it was jolly good fun and was excellently planned out (thanks loads to all those involved with the planning and storyline). There was a good standard of role-play from all and excellent faction play so thanks everyone who took part for making it an excellent weekend.

Already looking forward to the next one,

James (AKA Dijk Dribble-Flikk)

#4 James Balbirnie

James Balbirnie

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies (especially dark comedy and war films), painting, writing (My Novels are on Amazon - James De-Vaux Balbirnie)

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

post scribe: as I didn't get any of your surnames/usernames PM me if you're one of the Mercs (The artists formerly known as the Slavers/Survivors) or anyone who enjoyed playing with us so we can share the pics we took etc.

James

#5 Gadge

Gadge

Von Bek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

got in about an hour ago and exhausted. Full debrief soon.

apologies if i was snappy at anyone Sat night, i'd pushed my back too far and was in unreasonable ammounts of pain from about 6pm

#6 Tiny

Tiny

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Thank you,Thank you, Thank you, for organizing this event guys!

Not been home long after the long (and very slow) drive back, dragging the slaver/survivor/merc van behind us!

An awesome weekend which was one of the best i've had at an airsoft/larp event. Such a brilliant time from start to finish.

To tired to say more, I need a sleep.

Thanks to everyone.

Tiny
My two cents.....
Tiny

#7 walach

walach

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

Thank you to Gadge, Evo, Josh, all the crew and all the players.

Looking forward to the next one.
**Knuckles**
Pikey-mando

Founding member of Team F*cktard - F*cktard for life.

Spoon - NFU Sugar

Viking Airsoft general spod

#8 joseph porta

joseph porta

GMA-NW The Boss

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Ill do a popper post tomorrow, but a quick thanks now

Amazing weekened, thanks to everyone who took part, and thanks to ALL the organizers
:D

, sorry i died of rad poisoning sunday morning at 10 o'clock (threw up and fainted due to de-hydration/tiredness) so i went to sleep it off untill endex, SORRY if i didnt say goodbye to everyone, i was wasted =( but it didnt spoil what was an AMAZING event, cheers guys/gals

#9 ChromeNewt

ChromeNewt

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

I thought the last Wastelander was the best Larp I'd ever been to and likely to ever experience. Nothing ever surpasses the first experience of something good but this time I was pleasantly proved wrong. This weekend was the most epic ever! So epic that I got home and slept until about 20 minutes ago. I didn't realise how tired I was until earlier. Proper write up will probably get done tomorrow but until then you are ALL awesome and deserve big praise!
PTE. Peat Barstard - Tallion

#10 BragHow2

BragHow2

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

a massive thanks too all wasteland, factions crew and organisers for makeing my first larp event so amazingly epic and bloody good fun, will bef b coming next time too take down some raider scum. Cant say more lost for word due too the awesomeness of it all (also at work but had too post ;-) )
Thank you and Down with the provos!

#11 dieselmonkey

dieselmonkey

AKA Evo.

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, reenacting

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Urgh. Still broken. 60+ hours on the go with no real sleep tends to do that! Glad to hear people seemed to enjoy it! Guy's photos have come out amazingly. The 'Max' homage photo of me ranks as one of my favourite ever pics taken of me. ;)

Thanks to all the crew, to Gadge and Josh especially, for all their hard work in prepping for this, and to all of you guys who came along and played, making it what is was. Props to everyone.

Now i'm going to crawl under the desk in my office and go to sleep. :lol:

#12 Webby

Webby

GMA Marshall, GMA Stoke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

Ill do a popper post tomorrow, but a quick thanks now

Amazing weekened, thanks to everyone who took part, and thanks to ALL the organizers
:D

, sorry i died of rad poisoning sunday morning at 10 o'clock (threw up and fainted due to de-hydration/tiredness) so i went to sleep it off untill endex, SORRY if i didnt say goodbye to everyone, i was wasted =( but it didnt spoil what was an AMAZING event, cheers guys/gals

That wasn't rad poisoning, that was living off Mars Bars, Snickers and Milk for the whole weekend!

#13 Lardassmonkey

Lardassmonkey

Captain

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Much win indeed. A cracking event, as Peat says even more epic than the first. Its great to see the event expand so well since the first event with so many newcomers enjoying the delights of The Tudd. A huge thanks to Gadge, Evo and all the crew for all their hard work, from my perspective it was all well worthwhile.

#14 lostdave

lostdave

Private

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

Great time had. Looking forward to filling your world full of crazies next time. And to whoever finally shot Catatonic Guy near the end of the Provost assault - booooo! He was so much fun to play.

Little Dave - Svein Noovertakingson, Jarl of JVC; Catatonic Guy; Digger; Raiders; whatever other crazies the Wasteland needs. 

#15 Davoren

Davoren

a.k.a Jon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Had an absolutely amazing time, definitely my best lrp experience in recent memory, and my first airsoft event of any kind! Looking forward to crewing the next one too. :)

#16 Deadbloke

Deadbloke

Wage Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Toast, glue and wrenches. Not always in that order.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Now I've had a little time to reflect (has it been nearly a week?!) here's my twopennorth;

Sign me up for the next one. I've not lrped in about 5 years and to my eternal chagrin not airsofted for over a year but this was just what I needed to get my airsoft juices bubbling again. Proper entertainment, mad mental costumes and not too many bruises at end-ex. Sweet. The Nuke-box was an inspired idea (maybe a little more ska/punk next time, lads/lasses?) and the whole rummaging for supplies thing was proper fun.

I never thought I'd say less is more for shooting people but I suppose WW2 airsoft has steered me in that direction. The fact that the 6mm wasn't flying around all weekend meant that when it did kick off it actually meant something.

Much thanks to Gadge, Evo and the event crew; hard work much appreciated.
Sgt Hemingway, DGLI
Caster, NFU's H&S Officer.
We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time.

GMA40049

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users